Sunday, May 28, 2006

We are now entering hour 37 of the standoff...

Cripes, my kids are stubborn. I told them yesterday that if their room didn't get cleaned we wouldn't go outside. They were in there until bedtime, not cleaning. So I said "then you're going to get up tomorrow, and same deal, no playtime until it's done." So it's nap time and although there has been a significant improvement, it's still not done. But they need naps so they can keep up the strength of protest I suppose. 

So, Friday before last my brakes on my car were starting to fail, fortunately I had made a good judgement call and took the car to the mechanic instead of attempting the trip to Barrie, which was good because by the time I got to the shop they were all but giving out on me *PHEW*. So that was another 300 bucks to get fixed, needed read brake lines, new calipers, and some rod was broken.

Went to a party in Barrie saturday night at a friend of a friends place, which eventually ended up downtown for Promenade days (read: bars with no cover). Jenny, Bob and Jorge left me in Fitzys after I decided to take a little nap in the bathroom (gah, embarassing, first and last time I ever do THAT!). Some little Greek guy had been hitting on me so they assumed that I had taken off with him. Nope I had decided to cozy up to the porcelain God instead. Damnable vodka shots. I need to remember what a friggin' lightweight I am.

We had Tierney's birthday party on the Monday, which went well, no casualties, although I did manage to lock the keys to the common room in the common kitchen, then lock myself out of the building when I went to look for the super. Instead of doing the logical thing and getting one of the other adults to buzz me in, I knock on my friend Sue's door (she has a walk-out) and get her to let me in.

Another thing that was fortunate was that there wasn't total awkwardness, considering the baby-daddy and his GF were there, as well as my whole family, including the grandmothers. It was the first time they had all been together in over 3 and a half years. Thankfully for the sake of the girls we all know how to be civil, even *gasp* friendly with each other.

Went and got my hair cut and coloured yesterday, it's red on top and dark dark brown underneath, the cut is just a trim. I am seriously going to make an effort to keep up with the upkeep. I splurged (as if a professional colour wasn't splurging enough) on some salon shampoo and conditioner, since my hair is dead as fuck. I was gonna get blue instead of red, but that would involve bleaching and (am I ever glad they checked) since I had been using Thermasilk I ran the risk of frying my hair the second they put the bleach on. I'm talking, my head would have started smoking. Crazy. THAT would have been upsetting.

I started working on a collage of my closest friends last night, I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out. Not much else to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engaging in discussion and/or general sucking up.. that's where it's at!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.