-Attempt to cut my childrens hair. Ever. Again. Oh, they're fine, but it's so short. Especially Tierneys. She's got this cute little flippy chin-length bob now. NOT, however, what I was going for. I'm just worried that I cut all the curl out of her hair. I hope it come back. Only pro hair-cuts from now on. I will stick strictly to the trimming of bangs.
- Call someone up and beg them to bring me cigarettes, no matter how much I want to. This is day 4.
- Do anymore Ebaying for a while. Just because. Got three items on their way, currently. But four more on my watch list.
- Revive my love of comic collecting. Yes, a little know secret of mine. I'm a reformed comic book geek. Okay, maybe not reformed. A 'lasped' comic lover. 'Reformed' implies that I had more than a passive role in falling out of said habit. No, I used to have a modest collection of about 2-3 dozen marvel titles, and it was a sad day that I sold them for grocery money. Just couldn't afford the habit for a long time after. And I guess I was a little scarred.
I got discussing comics on the forums with a friend, and it got me thinking 'why not?' I don't have a lot of vices -- especially if the not smoking thing works out -- I don't drink a lot, and I don't do drugs (often) so I'm not spending money on that. Other women buy magazines, I don't buy Cosmo, or The Star or Vogue or stuff like that... Besides, comics are like half the price, and have better stories. Hell, in the mental sense, I don't even watch soaps (or much TV at all) anymore, so this can fill in my desire for serial drama.
Incidentally, one of the aforementioned Ebay purchases was a lot of 38 X-men titles. For five bucks, USD. Shipping was a bitch, but all told, works out to about 75 cents an issue. Can't complain about that. I splurged for the airmail option so it will take about a week, instead of 4-6 weeks. I'll be ensconced in the Marvel Universe in no time.
- Call Lakehead university soon to see if they will be offering fourth year sociology courses in the fall, or even in the summer. Seriously considering the whole getting the Masters thing again. Oh it sucks to be torn between doing what I love (which right now is being in school and learning) and doing what will eventually get me out of the assloads of debt I am in.
- Call simcoe health unit for info on becoming a sexual health counsellor. I really think this is something that should be installed in every high school in North America. Like a mini health unit/counsellor, that can answer questions that one might not be comfortable asking in a health class setting... to brigde the gaps left by the sex ed curriculum. I got kind of a wake up call as far as the addictions counselling goes from my friend deb... Especially a point she made about not having any experience dealing with hard-core addiction, whether it be my own or someone elses. It made me kind of reconsider doing the addictions program
My mom keeps telling me that if I want to go for a professorship, I should just fucking do it... go all the way with it, Student debt be damned. Which sounds good for me, but I also would like my kids to know what it's like to live in a house with a yard before they are old enough to move into their own.
I'm already so far in debt. I'm worried that a general BA in sociology isn't gonna do shit as far as getting me a job... the longer i am in school, the longer I can put off paying that debt off, but at the same time, the larger the debt is going to get....
Anyhoo... I'm not going to worry about it tonight. I have better things to do... which is a whole lot of nothing. Nothing is great :-)
Up to the J's now.