Blank stare. No idea. This is not the first time my cultural references have gone over the young lad's head. Some of my references are pretty obscure but I thought this'd be an easy one. No such luck. So we had a laugh and I mentioned that it made me feel kind of old.
Not as old as this, however:
When you figure this all took place around '92/93 it doesn't seem like that long ago. It's when you figure his death was EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO that I start to go "Oh.. fuuuuuu. I'm OLD. Like, older than Dirt (which, incidentally, also came out around the same time)."
Is it sick that part of me secretly hopes that this is not so much a case of my own impending irrelevance but maybe a situation where maybe my co-workers parent's kept him in a closet for the better part of the formative years? Yeah, it's probably really sick. Add another bouncer and a VIP lounge to my special place in Hell.
If you're reading this, I don't REALLY hope you were locked up for the better part of your life by your parents and if you were, I'm sorry, that's horrifying.
It's probably even more sick that this scenario puts me in mind of one of my favorite Kids in the Hall sketches:
*******************************************************In other news, I've been given another blog award, this time from Bruce at Just Another Day in Paradise. It seems I'm amusing to some. This gives me the warm fuzzies.
So the rules for this one are as follows:
- Link to the person who awarded you: Done.
- Seven unknown facts about yourself: Done.
- Award to seven other people - I'll get back to ya.
- I'm descended from the Clan Campbell whose claim to infamy was the Glencoe Massacre of 1692. Oh yeah. We are bad-assed Scots.
- I was reprimanded in high school on Tacky Tourist day for wearing a T-Shirt promoting Puerto Vallarta that read "Lick It, Suck It, Slam It." Seems this was innapropriate for school.
- The first two songs I learned on guitar were Knockin' on Heaven's Door and The Needle and the Damage Done
- As a child I was assessed as gifted. Smirking my parents asked the school "so what, she could be a brain surgeon or something?" the psychologist looked them dead in the eye and was like "Yeah, she could"
- My left leg is about 1.5 centimetres bigger around than the right leg.
- I used to swim competitively. Couldn't win a race to save my life, but I competed.
- I have a lisp that manifests itself in slushy sounding 'S's, although I am told it has become less noticeable in recent years.